1. SYMPATHY. Strangers saying they’re sorry when they hear my children are autistic
2. PRAISE. Acquaintances telling me what a good parent I am just because I love and accept my children.
3. DENIAL. People who won’t acknowledge that my children are autistic and won’t accommodate their needs.
4. STIGMA. Anyone who believes autism is a negative label that should be given sparingly, or hidden.
5. ABUSE. Schools and institutions that bully, detain, assault and torture autistic people.
6. FEAR. A society that is scared of my children because they move, communicate or experience the world differently.
7. HATE. A world that wants to prevent our existence or cure it away.
8. EXCUSES. #AcceptAllofUs #AutismAcceptanceMonth